Your title: Buyer Agent
Where you will work: 519 C St NE, Washington DC 20002
Direct Manager: Paula Flagg
Who are we?
The mission of Paula Flagg Homes, an affiliate of Keller Williams Capital Properties is to provide the premier customer service experience for each home seller and home buyer we work with. Knowledge we’ve gained through years of working in the local market empowers us to provide our home buyers and sellers with the advice they need to make informed decisions. Whether it’s selling a home, searching for a home, or negotiating a contract, each member of the Paula Flagg Homes team is an experienced real estate professional who applies their expert skills to each step of the process to help each client achieve an outstanding result.
Who are we looking for?
The Buyer Agent is an individual who is highly sociable, draws energy from working with people, and is optimistic and outgoing. They have a strong sense of urgency, though not at the expense of quality. In addition, he/she demonstrates on a daily basis the knowledge, attitudes, skills, and habits of a high-achieving buyer agent who is committed to putting clients first, to doing the right thing, and to seeking win-win agreements. The Buyer Agent prospects for leads daily, closes those leads to appointments, closes for agreements, and then conducts a high-level fiduciary needs analysis. The Buyer Agent will select homes that meet the criteria and will show the clients homes, refine the criteria and close for contract offers. The Buyer Agent will negotiate offers, write the contract, and oversee the deal through its close.
The Buyer Agent also demonstrates a commitment to learning and strives for growth by regularly attending courses, teaching courses when appropriate, and regularly practicing scripts and dialogues. He/She is committed to investing in the people on the team and regularly provides them with learning and growth opportunities as well.
What will you do?
- Prospect for buyer leads, convert leads to appointments, close for agreements, and conduct high-level fiduciary needs analyses
- Oversee Showing Assistant, if necessary, in selecting homes that meet clients’ needs, identifying homes that best meet those needs, refining needs, and closing to contract offers
- Consult with clients to ensure fiduciary service of the real estate transaction from initial contact through contract to close
- Effectively negotiate for all buyers
- Develop expert knowledge regarding mortgage financing, neighborhoods, schools, and all homeownership issues
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of buyers’ transactions from initial contact to contract to close
- Hire, train, and consult all Buyer Agents and Showing Assistants
- Negotiating for buyers
- Lead Agent – daily
- Agent Team – daily
- Buyers/Sellers/Vendors – daily
- Excellent at building rapport
- People oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Reliable transportation
- Enjoy working a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends
- Learning based
- Able to build and lead a team
- Willing to learn scripts and dialogues
- High school graduate
- Real estate license – or willing to get licensed (in VA, DC, and/or MD)
- 1–3 years of industry and sales experience preferred, though not required
- 1–3 years of management experience preferred, though not required